Provide technical customer support to assist business development and customer account management. Develop/enhance software products.
Undo is a young, fast-growing software company with global ambitions. Undo’s pioneering technology is uniquely able to record a program’s execution and show developers exactly what their program has done. The software industry spends $312bn a year fixing bugs; software debug, quality and analytics tools are consequently becoming a very exciting new space.
We sell to professional software developers across the world at some of the best companies. Our customers include SAP, ARM, Rogue Wave, Mentor Graphics, and Cadence Design Systems. Our investors include prominent members of the Cambridge Angels and Jaan Tallinn, co-founder of Skype.
- Work with the customer support manager to ensure smooth communication from the field to engineering
- Become an expert on all things related to using Undo’s technology in customer use cases
- Meet with customers to address any technical issues and assist in pilot programmes, in line with the sales strategy
- Provide on-site customer training
- Provide first-line technical support, own and progress resolution of customer issues
- Demo Undo technology in conferences, meet-ups etc. and directly to customers
- Understand the company’s products, competitors, value proposition and positioning
- Assist the sales team on calls and e-mail exchanges with prospects
- Maintain and develop knowledge base fed by information from customers, prospects and the sales team
- Work with the rest of the Engineering team to identify product priorities discovered in field engagements
- Take ownership of software development tasks and QA work as agreed with the rest of the Engineering team
- Participate in team discussions and decisions
A background in software development, coupled with commercial/customer facing experience.
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience of working directly with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: listening, understanding and persuading
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to effectively work as part of a team
- Must have the desire and ability to solve problems quickly
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and respect for all members of the team
- Willingness to travel including US, UK, India and China, spending time on customer sites
Key technical skills:
- Linux programming
Optional technical skills:
- Debugger or compiler internals
- JITs or other code generators
- Low-level user-level coding (i.e. good understanding of kernel ABI)
- x86, ARM or other assembly
- Kernel development
- B.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science or other numerate subject
Undo is a team-oriented company: The development team makes a collective commitment to achieve an agreed common goal within agreed time and quality parameters. Responsibility is shared among the members of the team.
Commitments are decided upon by the team itself (not thrust upon it!).
Undo encourages team members to keep a good work/life balance and strives to not depend on personal heroism to achieve its business goals. We are flexible and will go to some length to ensure working conditions are conducive to happiness.
Undo looks for team players. You need to feel ownership of the team’s goals rather than just your own.
Because of our culture making team decisions in an effective manner is essential. A team member should expect to participate in open discussions, to challenge and be challenged with arguments based on reason and occasionally to compromise in order to achieve team consensus.
Trust, honesty and respect for others is essential. Enthusiasm and drive are valued.