Undo is a young, fast-growing software company with global ambitions. The software industry spends over $300bn a year fixing bugs; Undo’s pioneering technology is uniquely able to record a program’s execution and show developers exactly what their program has done.
Our customers are some of the world’s best companies, including ARM, Mentor Graphics, Cadence Design Systems, SAP and IBM. Investors include Cambridge Innovation Capital, prominent Cambridge business leaders and Jaan Tallinn, co-founder of Skype. As part of our expansion, we are recruiting a talented and competitive Business Development Representative to join our EMEA team.
This EMEA Business Development Representative will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Working closely with the EMEA Sales Director and VP of Marketing, your primary role will be to convert marketing qualified leads into sales opportunities. As part of this role, you will also be responsible for reaching out and building relationships with leads that fit the same profile as the inbound leads, and supporting all renewal business. Because Undo is a young, fast-growing company, the role will inevitably include myriad different aspects including sales operations, collaboration with marketing and product functions, etc.
This is the perfect for role a hungry BDR who wants to rapidly grow into an Inside Sales Manager. Best of all, there will be opportunities to join the Sales Director in the field to meet with prospects and clients face-to-face.
- Convert inbound leads from marketing qualified to sales opportunities:
- Set up first meetings with potential new customers
- Initial outreach and product education to leads using email, telephone and social media
- Qualification of opportunities, including identifying pain points and initial technical fit and handover to Field Sales
- Account research to identify key stakeholders and long term account potential
- Feedback to marketing on their programs and campaigns
- Sales outreach:
- Research to identify new prospects that fit the pattern of leads that are successfully qualified to sales opportunities
- Direct outreach via phone, email and social media platforms to those accounts
- Campaign creation with marketing’s support to nurture these leads
- Work with Sales to close all renewal business - we are open to making this a quota-carrying part of the role if you wish:
- Nurture all smaller Undo accounts providing relevant support and content in the run up to renewal
- Closing all small renewal business
- Renewals administration including but not limited to quote and invoice generation
Initially, there are certain sales administration roles that the BDR will also be responsible for:
- General sales administration including quote and invoice generation
- Data quality in the CRM (Salesforce and HubSpot)
- Taking feedback from the Sales team to scope out sales-support content with marketing
- Report on sales metrics including lead, opportunities, activities, pipeline and forecast to give the exec management team and company visibility of sales successes (keep the company focused on the key sales objectives)
This is the first BDR to be recruited to support the EMEA business and there is considerable space to grow in this role.
- Excellent written and spoken English, with the ability to communicate to all levels of seniority
- Strong listening and online presentation skills, excellent telephone manner
- Experience working with Salesforce
- High-achieving and success-driven personality
- Ability to work in a self-directed, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Experience communicating enterprise software value propositions, with the capacity to learn and retain knowledge about individual products and business solutions quickly and accurately
- Technically-minded - can grasp complex technical concepts fast
- Strong team ethic, with experience working across multiple functions within a business
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
- Track record of over-achieving targets, such as touches-per-day, calls-per-day, first meetings per month, and sales opportunities per month
- Proficient in German
- Previous experience driving solutions into the DevOps or test market
- Technical, science or engineering background
- Some experience with HubSpot’s sales & marketing automation
Qualifications & experience
- Undergraduate degree
- 1-2 year experience in a Business Development role
Working Style and Personality
Undo is a goal and team-oriented company: you must have the flexibility to adapt and do whatever is necessary to achieve your agreed goals.
Undo looks for team players. You need to feel ownership of the team’s goals rather than just your own. Because of our culture, making team decisions in an effective manner is essential. A team member should expect to participate in open discussions, to challenge and be challenged with arguments based on reason, and occasionally to compromise in order to achieve team consensus. Roles like this one require the ability to influence other people in order to achieve non-trivial goals. Trust, honesty and respect for others are essential. Enthusiasm and drive are highly-valued.
Email us at email@example.com to submit your CV and cover letter telling us why you think you are the perfect candidate for this role.