If you are tired of being a cog in the machine and want to take an active part in developing really exciting technology, this role could be for you.
Engineering at Undo
Undo engineers are trusted to do their best to do the right thing. We grow teams that have the freedom to make their own decisions so individual engineers are empowered to choose how best to achieve their committed goals.
In return, we ask that you do your best to understand your internal or external customers’ needs, deliver engineering changes within the timeframes agreed with your colleagues, take ownership of specific tasks and be flexible when company priorities change.
Expect to participate in open discussions, to challenge and be challenged with arguments based on reason, and to compromise occasionally in order to achieve team consensus. Trust, honesty and respect for others is essential. Enthusiasm and drive are valued.
Purpose of this role
Your role is to develop and maintain web applications to allow our products to be purchased, delivered to customers and monitored in the field. Your work will typically involve a combination of planned engineering tasks and day-to-day maintenance undertaken as part of an agile team.
- Plan and deliver web application code changes
- Act as a code maintainer for one or more of our Python web applications
- Ensure that our development approach aligns with industry best practices
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable (e.g. Web Applications Developer)
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar would be an advantage
- Strong Python, with knowledge of common Python web frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, Celery, SQLAlchemy)
- Experience with Linux environments and command-line tools
- Experience with platform-as-a-service (PaaS) infrastructure, e.g. Heroku / Dokku
- Experience with team-based code development and code review (we use git and GitHub)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience of maintaining availability and security of external web services
Highly desirable skills and behaviours
- Experience with cloud compute services (e.g. AWS, GCE, Azure)
- Experience with web microservice architectures
- Experience developing REST API services
- Experience integrating e-commerce / payment processing platforms, e.g. FastSpring, Stripe
- Experience with configuration management (e.g. Ansible)
- Flexible, entrepreneurial mindset - able to respond quickly to early feedback from business experiments
- Ability to proactively design and implement experiments that validate business strategies
- Ability to plan longer-term projects
- Ability to make well-judged engineering tradeoffs between task scope, duration and risk, and deliver on an agreed timescale
Permanent / Contractor
Technical Software Manager - Engineering Improvement
To apply, please email us your CV at email@example.com