The Senior Sales Engineer will own, build, and drive relationships with large customer engineering teams. They will be be responsible for troubleshooting customer issues and providing hotfixes when required. An important part of this role will be liasing with (and guiding) core engineering over customer requirements. The ideal candidate will be passionate about helping customers derive maximum value from Undo's products.
Undo is a young, fast-growing software company with global ambitions. Undo’s pioneering technology is uniquely able to record a program’s execution and show developers exactly what their program has done. The software industry spends $312bn a year fixing bugs; software debug, quality and analytics tools are consequently becoming a very exciting new space.
We sell to professional software developers across the world at some of the best companies. Our customers include SAP, ARM, Rogue Wave, Mentor Graphics, and Cadence Design Systems. Our investors include prominent members of the Cambridge Angels and Jaan Tallinn, co-founder of Skype.
6 or more years of commercial experience as a sales engineer. Some of that can be as a software engineer.
- Help deliver revenue target in assigned territory in line with sales strategy
- Own, build and drive technical engagement aligned to account strategy to successful evaluation, purchase order close and user onboarding
- Own, Build & Drive relationship with customer engineering teams
- Assist in all pre-sales efforts / demos when required
- When necessary, undertake engineering tasks on critical customer programs when required to win business
- Some travelling required within the US
- Deliver clear prioritisation to engineering managers on customer engineering requirements / early escalation of any conflict to delivery of customer programmes to sales.
- Liaise with engineering managers to ensure goals are achieved within organisational constraints.
- Own customer support tickets and see them through to resolution, ensuring timely response to customers
- Understand how customer uses LR/UndoDB / feedback to PM & Eng
- Stay abreast of Undo developments and be aware how they will affect your account(s)
- Understand Undo’s products, competitors, value proposition and positioning
- Assist wider engineering working on support tickets with understanding appropriate context
- Convey bug fixes/enhancements tailored to customers. “Bug X affects you in such-and-such a way.”
- Experience of working directly with customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: listening, understanding and persuading
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to effectively work as part of a team
- Must have the desire and ability to solve problems quickly.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and respect for all members of the team
Key technical skills:
- Linux programming
Optional technical skills:
- Debugger or compiler internals
- JITs or other code generators
- Low-level user-level coding (i.e. good understanding of kernel ABI)
- x86, ARM or other assembly
- Kernel development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar subject
Undo is a team-oriented company: A development team makes a collective commitment to achieve an agreed common goal within agreed time and quality parameters. Responsibility is shared among the members of the team.
Commitments are decided upon by the team itself (not thrust upon it!)
Individual developers are empowered to pick the work they would like to do within the team’s committed goals: tasks are not assigned to them - they are picked by them.
Undo encourages team members to keep a good work/life balance and strives to not depend on personal heroism to achieve its business goals. We are flexible and will go to some length to ensure working conditions are conducive to happiness.
Undo looks for team players. You need to feel ownership of the team’s goals rather than just your own.
Because of our culture making team decisions in an effective manner is essential. A team member should expect to participate in open discussions, to challenge and be challenged with arguments based on reason and occasionally to compromise in order to achieve team consensus.
Trust, honesty and respect for others is essential. Enthusiasm and drive are valued.