Time Travel Debugging
See what your software really did and diagnose the root cause of bugs in minutes not weeks.
What is Time Travel Debugging?
Record a process, Replay the recording. Step back in the
execution history to see what happened.
How does it work?
Solve your Hardest Bugs – Fast
- Save time diagnosing the root causes of new regressions, flaky tests, and customer-reported issues – cut debugging time by 50 – 80%.
- Diagnose even the hardest of bugs, including memory corruptions and race conditions.
- Travel forward and backward in time to inspect program state – get to any point in the program’s execution history to see what happened.
Understand Code You Didn’t Write
Unfamiliar with the codebase? No problem!
The recording captures the whole execution history – every line of code in every thread, every variable, every I/O.
So any developer can:
- Explore how the code is executed dynamically,
- Understand code flow,
- See exactly what happened and how it happened.
Unlike GDB, developers can now see what thread altered what data, when a variable last changed value, or if a timer went off and allocated some memory that had been incorrectly freed.
Integrates with all popular CI / test automation tools and IDEs
Available for Linux Applications