Senior Platform Engineer (Linux, AWS)
Undo is the time travel debugging company for Linux. Engineers at leading technology firms record and replay their software using our technology to understand complex code, quickly diagnose the root causes of defects and fix bugs faster.
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will build and maintain the systems that allow us to develop, test and release our products, ensuring that the necessary functionality is provided with high-availability and flexibility under evolving requirements.
- Deploy, maintain, document and ensure the availability of internal software systems, including CI systems, artifact repositories and product delivery systems in line with business requirements.
- Implement appropriate monitoring to detect problems with these services and address those problems proactively.
- Ensure software dependencies such as Python packages are kept up-to-date.
- Rebuild and roll out new Linux machine images and maintain the toolchains we use to do this.
- Be aware of industry trends and best practices and understand how these map to business requirements.
- Engage with stakeholders inside and outside of the immediate team to understand the context behind change requests and provide progress updates.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role (e.g. Platform Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Linux Systems Engineer, Test Automation Engineer).
- Experience of working with AWS or similar cloud infrastructure providers.
- Experience of maintaining CI/CD systems and pipelines, for example using Jenkins.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools and approaches, for example using Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience with Git and branch-based software development workflows.
- Good knowledge of Python development on Linux.
- Excellent communication skills, and able to work closely and productively with other engineers, both inside and outside the immediate team.
- Experience with planning and delivering large changes, making well-judged trade-offs between task scope, duration and risk and delivering on an agreed timescale.
Highly desirable skills
- Familiarity with Linux internals (signals, system calls, threads, processes).
- Familiarity with C/C++ and corresponding toolchains (gcc, gcov).
- Track record of driving incremental quality, efficiency or reliability improvements within a software module, system or process.
- Permanent role
- Located in Cambridge UK (on site or up to 80% remote)
- Reporting to the Technical Software Manager (Engineering Improvement Team)
To apply, simply send your CV to [email protected]